Innovation and Inspiration: The Campaign for Kansas University

Ask a Librarian

chat loading...

Question about the Libraries?

Looking for an article or other resource? Try Search It.

Introduction to Interlibrary Loan (ILL)

3945 views   |   0   0   |   Last updated on Jun 25, 2019    Visiting Scholar Missing Book Interlibrary Loan Community user Articles

Interlibrary Loan allows us to borrow from and lend to other libraries.  When K-State Libraries don’t own the item(s) you need, or the items are already checked out by someone else, you can......
read more

Printing, Scanning, and CatCash

2419 views   |   0   0   |   Last updated on Apr 02, 2019    Cat Cash Scan Equipment & Technology Printing

Since the fire in Hale Library, we have worked hard to restore access. For information on where to access computers, printers, and/or scanners, check out our section on Equipment and IT......
read more

Citation Management

1460 views   |   0   0   |   Last updated on Jun 27, 2019    Chicago/Turabian RefWorks Zotero Mendeley APA MLA EndNote Citations

Please be aware that we are transitioning away from RefWorks in Fall 2019 due to low usage and the bevy of free, user-friendly options. You can read more about this transition and see step-by-step......
read more

Library Services for Distance Students

Nearly all library services are available to distance students. If you are struggling to access a resource or have any other questions, please Ask A Librarian. We're here for all students......
read more

Finding Scholarly and Peer-Reviewed Sources

1219 views   |   0   0   |   Last updated on Feb 19, 2018    Databases Journals Dissertations & Theses Research Locating Material Getting Help Articles

What is a scholarly source? Scholarly sources are written by researchers (like your professors) to be read by other scholars (including other professors, researchers, and undergraduate and......
read more

Finding Your Textbook 

Although we do not purchase textbooks for K-State courses, we place donations, loaned personal copies, and books purchased through K-State Libraries Textbook Affordability Initiative on Course......
read more

Microforms: film, fiche, print, cards

Microforms are simply miniaturized copies of written documents. The term 'microforms' refers to several different miniaturization formats. The following are the four types of microform......
read more

Community Access: Services and Technology

As a member of the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) and as a land-grant institution, we proudly serve Kansas residents. We offer community cards for any Kansan, including our alumni.......
read more

Places to Study on Campus

1154 views   |   0   0   |   Last updated on Feb 20, 2019    Weigel Library Study Whiteboard

Suggestions for Other Study and Meeting Rooms on Campus Ask in the office of your college or unit for suggestions Alumni Center K-State students, faculty, staff, and Alumni Association members, no......
read more

Checking Out Items and Renewals: A Quick Overview 

1030 views   |   0   0   |   Last updated on Jul 31, 2018    Getting Help Hours Checking Out Materials Renewals

Checking Out Items Interested in borrowing our material?  Seek out the friendly folks at the desk at each of our branches. To check out Course Reserves, please bring your student ID. All other......
read more

Food and Drink in the Libraries

1015 views   |   0   0   |   Last updated on Jun 05, 2018    Food & Drink Building

Kansas State Polytechnic, Math/Physics, Weigel Architecture, and the Veterinary Medical Libraries To learn about the food and drink policies and the availability of food at any of these......
read more

Finding Specific Journals

889 views   |   0   0   |   Last updated on Feb 28, 2018    Databases Journals Dissertations & Theses Research Locating Material Getting Help Articles

You can see if we have access to a specific journal by using our Search It tool. From the middle of the Libraries' home page, click on "Search It Advanced." This displays a search box. To......
read more

Microsoft Word 2016: APA style running heads

865 views   |   0   0   |   Last updated on Feb 19, 2018    APA Citations Writing Help Research

APA Style's rules about running heads The best source for information about APA Style is APA itself. ·        The APA Style blog includes a post discussing running heads, which says: The running......
read more

MATLAB: Access through K-State Libraries

856 views   |   1   0   |   Last updated on Jun 05, 2018    Equipment & Technology

The K-State license for MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is accessible in computer labs, including the Math/Physics Library. The K-State license includes: MATLAB - 25 concurrent......
read more

Special Collections: A Quick Overview

817 views   |   0   1   |   Last updated on Jun 06, 2019    Archives Special Collections Research Locating Material Getting Help Morse

The Richard L. D. and Marjorie J. Morse Department of Special Collections acquires, preserves and provides access to a rich array of historic materials. More than one million items – manuscripts,......
read more

Preparing for Exams: GRE, TOEFL, MCAT, etc. 

Most of our recent GRE (Graduate Record Exam) preparation items are in our Course Reserves collection, located at Library Help on the 2nd floor of Hale Library. We also have items in the stacks......
read more

K-State Libraries' Hours

788 views   |   0   0   |   Last updated on Aug 15, 2018    Building Hours

While Hale Library is closed, almost all of our services are still in place - you can see more information on these and other commonly asked questions here.  Please visit the pages below to see......
read more

K-State Libraries: A Quick Overview

New to K-State Libraries? This is a great place to start – here’s some general information on using the Libraries. If you have any questions, please use our Ask a Librarian service to contact us!......
read more

Connecting to Wifi

515 views   |   0   0   |   Last updated on Jun 05, 2018    eID Wifi Equipment & Technology Building Locations wireless

Kansas State University at Manhattan K-State students, faculty, and staff, go to, and click the appropriate link at the bottom of the page to run the......
read more

Requesting Items from Kansas State Polytechnic,  Annex Offsite, Math/Physics, Weigel, and VetMed  

Items located in any of our libraries, including Kansas State Polytechnic and the Annex Offsite, can be requested for retrieval via Search It, and sent to any campus library for pick up. To place......
read more

back to top

Jump to...