Checking Out Items: A Quick Overview
Checking Out Items and Renewals
Interested in borrowing our material? In Hale, you can check out at our Help Desk or use the self-checkout machines. If you’re visiting one of our branches, seek out the friendly folks at the desk.
To check out Course Reserves, please bring your student ID. All other items can be checked out using your WID number or eID.
Not sure how long you can keep the item? See our loan periods here - if you need a renewal, you can do so through the My Account feature or contact the Hale Library Help Desk at 785-532-3014. You can also see a history of what you've checked out through the My Account feature.
Two 3M Self-Check stations, located on the 2nd floor of Hale Library, are available for use whenever the building is open, even after the librarians go home.
- Swipe your K-State ID card in the reader
- Place your item’s barcode under the red laser beam
- Place the spine of your item into the v-shaped crevice to de-sensitize it
- Repeat this process for each item you wish to borrow
- Check out audio tapes and items without barcodes at Library Help during our staffed hours