K-State Libraries: A Quick Overview
New to K-State Libraries? This is a great place to start – here’s some general information on using the Libraries. If you have any questions, please use our Ask a Librarian service to contact us! We’re here to help.
Our Branches and Locations
- Paul Weigel Library of Architecture, Planning and Design - Regnier Hall
- Math/Physics Library, Cardwell Hall
- Veterinary Medical Library, Trotter Hall
- Kansas State Polytechnic Library, Salina, KS
- Annex, our off-site storage facility
- Art Gallery, K-State Student Union - we have a small selection of items that were formerly housed in Hale Library, including our Course Reserves, some juvenile literature, DVDS, etc.
- Want to find material? Start by learning about our discovery tool, Search It, then search for the resource (book, textbook, article, journal, database, video, etc.) that you need. You can request a retrieval to pick up from one of our Help Desks or, if your desired item is unavailable due to the fire, request a copy via Interlibrary Loan.
- Interested in borrowing our material? Seek out the friendly people at our Help Desks!
- Not sure how long you can keep the item? See our loan periods here - if you need a renewal, you can do so through the My Account feature or email email@example.com. You can also see a history of what you've checked out through the My Account feature.
- Ready to return? Feel free to visit one of our Help Desks or any of our bookdrop locations.
- Have a lost book or need to pay a fine? See our process here.
- Need to establish a proxy? Read more about our policy here.
Citations and Copyright
- Curious about proper citations and citation management programs? See our guide and be sure to visit the Writing Center for any writing needs.
- Learn about copyright and fair use - visit the Center for the Advancement of Digital Scholarship (CADS) and their website for more information.
- Want to know what a community member can access? Take a look at this FAQ
Equipment and Technology
- Visit our guide to see what equipment and technology are available
- To borrow equipment like cameras, microphones, or laptops, visit the IT Helpdesk, currently located in the K-State Union in the Cats' Pause Lounge.
- Donations and Gifts? If you are interested in donating items to K-State Libraries, please see our gift policy. If you are interested in donating to our recovery efforts, please visit the #HelpforHale giving page.
- Purchase Recommendations? If you would like to recommend a purchase, you may fill out this form, but please be aware that we currently have a moratorium on purchasing in effort to balance the budget.
- For current job openings, see this webpage.