Rooms and Spaces in Hale Library
The First Floor
The Dave and Ellie Everitt Learning Commons on the first floor of Hale Library offers hundreds of seats for studying, including 14 reservable group study rooms. It is also equipped with multiple printers and a scanner. Other amenities in the Learning Commons include numerous whiteboards, a lactation lounge, two unisex restrooms, and several vending machines.
- Books and Book Returns
- The vast majority of Hale Library's physical collection is still being cleaned and is located in off-site storage. K-Staters should use interlibrary loan to request materials that are not currently available from one of our other sites or online.
- We don't have a bookdrop in Hale currently, but you can use one of our other bookdrop locations to return items.
- Library hours
- Lost and found – Misplace something? Visit our Welcome Desk near the entrance.
- Peer Research Consultants - Meet with one of our skilled student consultants who are eager to ask meaningful questions and participate in conversations that engage you in your research process
Spaces in the Learning Commons
- Joyce and Joe’s Cornerstone Café (coming Fall 2020)
- Resource Link – A partner space for the Libraries and various units/services across campus, including Peer Research Consultants, the Writing Center, the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Inquiry (OURCI), the Academic Achievement Center’s Learning Lab, and the Office of Veteran’s Affairs.
Technology and Equipment
- Charging stations: available around the floor with a variety of cords and cables
- Computers: 8 desktop computers and large monitors that you can use to connect to your devices to display content.
- Printing/scanning: a multi-function printer/scanner/copier, a color printer, a B&W printer, and a BookEye scanner
- Samsung Flips: these are interactive digital boards that can be moved around the space.
- Troubleshooting equipment: Please visit the Welcome Desk located near the entrance.
- Wifi: you may try moving to a different location within the space or contact the IT Helpdesk for advanced troubleshooting (firstname.lastname@example.org ; 785-532-7722)
The Second Floor
We reopened our second floor on March 16, 2020! Come visit our help desk (relocated from the K-State Student Union) to check out Course Reserves and get reference help, use one of the many computers or print stations, or simply enjoy the new space!
Other Floors in Hale Library
It will be a long process to bring Hale Library back from the May 22, 2018, fire. Get updates on our blog, Hale Library:The Next Chapter. For information about changes to K-State Libraries’ and IT Services’ offerings, staff locations and more, visit the Hale Library Recovery Plan website.