K-State Libraries: Limited operations due to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
In light of our limited operations, we have compiled some information for questions you might have. If you do not see your question listed here, please do not hesitate to Ask A Librarian and check our Continuation of Library Services webpage for the most up-to-date information.
- I have an Interlibrary Loan item that is due (or will be due soon). What should I do with it?
- You are welcome to return it to one of our book drops or to mail it back to us (see https://www.lib.k-state.edu/returning). If you can't do that or prefer not to do that, please e-mail email@example.com so our interlibrary services team can contact the lending library to learn how they want us to proceed.
- I have a K-State Libraries item that is due (or will be due soon). What should I do with it?
- Will I receive fines or charges for overdue items?
- For K-State Libraries' materials, we will waive any fees or fines that are accrued during the time that the Libraries are closed due to COVID-19.
- For Interlibrary Loan, it will depend on the policies of the library than loaned the item. In most cases we anticipate that they will not charge any fines or fees and we will do our best to advocate for that approach. We encourage you to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have concerns or questions about this.
- I need an item that is on course reserves. Is there a way I can access it?
- Please complete an Interlibrary Loan Request form for a book chapter. We can scan several chapters (but not the entire book).
- Can I place interlibrary loan requests for print books, DVDs, or CDs?
- Since most libraries have stopped shipping materials during the pandemic, and since our operations are curtailed, we will not try to obtain any items that would need to be shipped to us. If you would like us to try to obtain an electronic version of the item, please e-mail email@example.com.
- You have a book (or other physical item) in the Annex or in one of the Libraries. Is there any way I can access it?
- We cannot deliver physical items from our collections at this time. However, we can scan portions of the content. Have the patron complete an Interlibrary Loan Request form specifying what portion of the item they would like to have.
- I need to use a scanner to make course material available for one of my classes. Can I use one of the scanners in Hale Library?
- Currently, access to our scanners is not available. One option you could investigate is to download CamScan https://www.camscanner.com/ to your phone or to a tablet.
- When will you re-open?
- Unfortunately we do not know. We are following the guidance of President Myers and Provost Taber.